One dead after being struck by train
One person is dead after being struck by a Norfolk Southern train Sunday morning near Fredericktown.
The individual, whose name has been withheld pending notification of the family, was brought to Southwest Regional Medical Center, Waynesburg, after being hit by the train about 5:38 a.m.
Greene County Coroner Gregory P. Rohanna pronounced the individual dead at the medical center.
The incident is being investigated by East Bethlehem Township police, but they were unavailable for comment Sunday.
- 1Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union