Charleroi cafeteria fund missing $100,000
CHARLEROI (AP) — A Southwestern Pennsylvania school district is trying to pinpoint who stole money from its cafeteria funds.
Charleroi Area School District superintendent Brad Ferko tells WTAE-TV that, so far, the district is missing about $100,000.
The district is cooperating with a state police investigation, and nobody’s been charged yet, though Ferko says officials suspect a “myriad of individuals” might have taken the money.
He says school lunches are not being endangered despite the thefts.
But Ferko says the district has put a new system in place to keep track of the money and account for it.
And, Ferko vows, “people do not steal from Charleroi Area and get away with it.”
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 5Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter