Charleroi cafeteria fund missing $100,000
CHARLEROI (AP) — A Southwestern Pennsylvania school district is trying to pinpoint who stole money from its cafeteria funds.
Charleroi Area School District superintendent Brad Ferko tells WTAE-TV that, so far, the district is missing about $100,000.
The district is cooperating with a state police investigation, and nobody’s been charged yet, though Ferko says officials suspect a “myriad of individuals” might have taken the money.
He says school lunches are not being endangered despite the thefts.
But Ferko says the district has put a new system in place to keep track of the money and account for it.
And, Ferko vows, “people do not steal from Charleroi Area and get away with it.”
- 1Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union