Charleroi cafeteria fund missing $100,000
CHARLEROI (AP) — A Southwestern Pennsylvania school district is trying to pinpoint who stole money from its cafeteria funds.
Charleroi Area School District superintendent Brad Ferko tells WTAE-TV that, so far, the district is missing about $100,000.
The district is cooperating with a state police investigation, and nobody’s been charged yet, though Ferko says officials suspect a “myriad of individuals” might have taken the money.
He says school lunches are not being endangered despite the thefts.
But Ferko says the district has put a new system in place to keep track of the money and account for it.
And, Ferko vows, “people do not steal from Charleroi Area and get away with it.”
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Ebola: Are you preparing to help?
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union