Cruise returning to Pittsburgh for movie premier
PITTSBURGH (AP) – Tom Cruise is heading to Pittsburgh for a scaled-down screening of his new action movie, “Jack Reacher,” an event that was postponed over the weekend due to the deadly school shooting in Connecticut.
Paramount Pictures had postponed the Saturday screening because of the shootings in Newtown, Conn. The movie was filmed in Pittsburgh and is set to open Dec. 21.
Now, the studio says Cruise will return to Pittsburgh Wednesday to screen “Jack Reacher” for fans. Paramount says there will not be a red carpet, but Cruise will introduce the film.
The showing will be for previously confirmed guests. Officials say more details of the event at SouthSide Works Cinema will be released later in the week.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter