New soap opera plot twists
Remember Mark Sanford?
He was a well-regarded governor of South Carolina and rising star in the Republican Party whose career was derailed in 2009 when he disappeared for a “hike on the Appalachian Trail” when, in fact, he had jetted off to Argentina for a tryst with his mistress.
Of course, a plane ticket to South America doesn’t come cheap, but the journey turned out to be vastly more costly. Once he was found out, Sanford’s marriage ruptured, he resigned the governorship in disgrace and he went from up-and-comer to laughingstock in lightning speed.
It was like something that could have been on an afternoon soap opera.
Well, it turns out that “Days of Our Lives,” South Carolina-style, could be in for some additional plot twists. Sanford is apparently considering a comeback and is eyeing the congressional seat being vacated by Rep. Tim Scott, who has been appointed to the U.S. Senate. But, according to the magazine Roll Call, Sanford might have a competitor who won’t need to invest in opposition research because she knows him very, very well.
His ex-wife, Jenny Sanford.
As they sometimes say when the credits are rolling on the soaps, “stay tuned.”
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3Waynesburg man arrested on drug charges | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union