Two 14-year-olds arrested in cigarette shooting death
BEAVER FALLS, Pa. (AP) — Police have arrested two 14-year-olds in the fatal shooting of a western Pennsylvania woman after she told them to “get a job” when they tried to bum a cigarette off her boyfriend.
U.S. Marshals say Marcus Velasquez and Todavia Cleckley were arrested Tuesday in a Beaver Falls home. Both teens have been charged in the Dec. 8 shooting death of 22-year-old Kayla Peterson.
Investigators say Velasquez and a third teen followed Peterson’s boyfriend home and yelled profanities after he ignored their requests for a cigarette. Velasquez allegedly shot Peterson when she confronted the youths.
Velasquez is charged with homicide. Cleckley and 13-year-old Kyle Goosby Jr. face conspiracy charges.
Court records don’t list attorneys for Velasquez and Cleckley. Goosby’s attorney says he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 5Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union