Rebel Wilson to host springtime MTV Movie Awards
LOS ANGELES (AP) – “Pitch Perfect” star and “Bridesmaids” scene-stealer Rebel Wilson is taking center stage.
MTV tapped the Australian actress to host its annual movie awards, set for April 14 in Culver City, Calif. The network made the announcement late Thursday during the finale of its popular “Jersey Shore” series.
Wilson is an actress and writer who rose to fame with her role as Kristin Wiig’s nosy roommate in “Bridesmaids.” Wilson’s other credits include “Bachelorette” and “What to Expect When You’re Expecting.”
The MTV Movie Awards have traditionally been held in June, but as the summer movie season has edged into May, the network scheduled its show earlier to give film fans a peek at the season’s blockbusters. The MTV Movie Awards has often featured exclusive film previews.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 4Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 5Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter