Country star Travis pleads not guilty to assault
PLANO, Texas (AP) – Country star Randy Travis has pleaded not guilty to simple assault and faces trial March 11 in a Dallas-area municipal court.
Travis on Friday appeared in a Plano courtroom with his attorneys and asked for a jury trial.
Plano police cited Travis following an Aug. 23 incident in a church parking lot in which he allegedly intervened in an argument involving a woman he knows and her estranged husband. Nobody was hurt.
Travis, when asked Friday by WFAA-TV to comment about his recent legal troubles, said people shouldn’t believe everything they might hear or read.
Travis was arrested Aug. 7 in North Texas on charges of driving while intoxicated and retaliation or obstruction, for allegedly threatening officers. He was arrested last February in Sanger for public intoxication.
- 1`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Waynesburg man arrested on drug charges | Observer-Reporter
- 4Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 5Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union