High school basketball roundup: USC snaps Trinity’s streak
Jordan Grabowski scored 24 points to lead Upper St. Clair past Trinity, 52-42, in a Section 4-AAAA boys game Saturday night. Joel Klein added 11 points for USC (2-1, 5-3), which outscored Trinity 18-12 in the final eight minutes to put the game away.
Berton Miller led the Hillers (2-1, 7-2) with 12 points.
The loss ended Trinity’s seven-game winning streak.
Seton-La Salle 88, Chartiers-Houston 31:
Five players scored in double figures to help Seton-La Salle race past Chartiers-Houston, 88-31, in a Section 4-AA girls game.
Katherine Hart scored 17 points, Nicolette Newman 16, Angela Heintz 13, Naje Gibson 12 and Cassidy Welsh 10 for the Rebels (3-0, 6-0), who led 59-10 at halftime.
Addy Knetzer had a double-double for the Bucs (1-2, 4-4) with 19 points and 14 rebounds.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 3Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Area native helps treat Ebola patients in Liberia | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union