Q. I’ve read that “Last Resort” has been canceled, not all that long after it started. Why? – Steve Thomas, Chicago
A. Ultimately, as it virtually always does, it came down to low ratings. ABC certainly gave the show tons of promotion during the summer, and we have to credit the network for ordering a series with a premise that seemed tough to sustain creatively ... and credit also goes to the cast, including Andre Braugher and Scott Speedman, and the writers and producers for keeping the quality high.
However, when you have an expensive-to-make show (filmed in Hawaii in this case) regularly getting trounced by two of television’s top comedies (CBS’ “The Big Bang Theory” and “Two and a Half Men”), high quality sometimes isn’t enough. We will add, though, that we wish ABC had tried the show in another slot before pulling the plug.
Q. Can you tell me the name of the actress who played Walden’s benefactress in the “Two and a Half Men” episode “Something My Gynecologist Said”? – Lois Podolnick, Stuart, Fla.
A. It was Tricia O’Kelley, who’s likely best known for the regular role she had as Marly on Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ “The New Adventures of Old Christine.” She also has appeared in a recurring role on ABC Family’s “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” lately.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 3Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Observer-Reporter High School Football
- 5Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union