Wiercioch, Marsteller could meet at Powerade
What better place for a matchup between the top two wrestlers in the country than the Powerade Christmas Wrestling Tournament? That can happen this weekend when the two-day tournament gets under way at Canon-McMillan High School.
Chance Marsteller, a junior from Kennard-Dale, and Cody Wiercioch, a senior from Canon-McMillan, are each weighed in at 170 pounds. Avoiding an upset or injury, the matchup of these two two-time state champions should be the feature final in the tournament.
Marsteller is undefeated in two seasons and has the chance to become the 11th four-time PIAA wrestling champion in that event’s history. He is ranked No. 1 at 170 by Intermat and Wiercioch is ranked No. 2.
Wiercioch, who won his second state title last season, and Marsteller are defending Powerade champions.
In other news, Clovis, Calif., was forced to withdraw from the tournament because the team’s flight out of California was postponed by the winter snowstorm here until Friday, the first day of the tournament. Clovis had competed in two previous Powerade tournaments.
- 1`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 4Wolf bans new drilling in state parks | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union