Meadow Lands interchange to open
The state Department of Transportation has announced the Meadow Lands interchange of Route 79 will open by the end of the day today, with traffic patterns changing during the course of the day.
The newly constructed northbound on ramp and the southbound off ramp will be available to drivers when the interchange opens. The connector ramps also will be opened to link the interchange with Locust Avenue, but the traffic signals will not be functioning. Traffic will be controlled with stop signs and message boards.
Manifold Road will still remain closed at Panorama Drive. Motorists will follow the posted detour, which has been in place for several months.
The portion of the new construction passing under the new I-79 bridges will remain closed until the traffic signals are operational.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 3Rooney: LeBeau´s role would have changed with Steelers | Observer-Reporter
- 4Protecting history from I-70 construction at Bentleyville | Observer-Reporter
- 5Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter