Fire destroys house on Broad Street
The state police fire marshal’s office is investigating a fire that broke out at about 4 this morning and destroyed an abandoned house at 456 Broad St., Washington.
City fire Chief Linn Brookman said firefighters arrived three minutes after a neighbor called 911, but the blaze was raging at that point. Gas service to the house had been shut off, but electrical power was still on.
Brookman called the fire “suspicious.” He said firefighters were at the site for four hours, and there were no injuries.
- 1`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 4Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
- 5McGuffey advances to Class AA semifinals | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union