Fire destroys house on Broad Street
The state police fire marshal’s office is investigating a fire that broke out at about 4 this morning and destroyed an abandoned house at 456 Broad St., Washington.
City fire Chief Linn Brookman said firefighters arrived three minutes after a neighbor called 911, but the blaze was raging at that point. Gas service to the house had been shut off, but electrical power was still on.
Brookman called the fire “suspicious.” He said firefighters were at the site for four hours, and there were no injuries.
- 1Wolf bans new drilling in state parks | Observer-Reporter
- 2Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 3North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 4House Democrats´ new message on the economy: We told you so | Observer-Reporter
- 5Area native helps treat Ebola patients in Liberia | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union