Fire destroys vacant house in Washington
The state police fire marshal’s office is investigating a fire that broke out about 4 a.m. Friday and destroyed an abandoned house at 456 Broad St., Washington.
City fire Chief Linn Brookman said firefighters arrived three minutes after a neighbor called 911, but the blaze was raging at that point. Gas service to the house had been shut off, but electrical power was still on.
Brookman called the fire suspicious. He said firefighters were at the site for four hours, and there were no injuries.
- 1Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 2Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union