Fire destroys vacant house in Washington
The state police fire marshal’s office is investigating a fire that broke out about 4 a.m. Friday and destroyed an abandoned house at 456 Broad St., Washington.
City fire Chief Linn Brookman said firefighters arrived three minutes after a neighbor called 911, but the blaze was raging at that point. Gas service to the house had been shut off, but electrical power was still on.
Brookman called the fire suspicious. He said firefighters were at the site for four hours, and there were no injuries.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington“s mayor announces re-election bid | Observer-Reporter
- 5Family“s dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter