Family: Teen dies after friend brings over gun
ALTOONA (AP) — The grandfather of a teen fatally shot at home in central Pennsylvania says his grandson’s friend had brought over a gun earlier that day.
Police in Altoona have released few details about the death Wednesday of 16-year-old Jesse McElhinney, who lived with his grandparents.
Grandfather Dean Sprankle told the Altoona Mirror for a story Friday that the teen’s friend brought over a .38-caliber handgun.
McElhinney died of a gunshot to the temple. The friend has not been identified.
Police say investigators will meet with the Blair County district attorney to discuss whether charges will be filed.
McElhinney’s funeral is set for Saturday.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 3Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
- 4Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 53 openings on Pa. high court stir interest in endorsements | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union