Mon Valley Hospital events
Monongahela Valley Hospital is sponsoring a variety of informative programs this month. Events will be held in the hospital’s Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center (ECC) unless otherwise noted.
• RSDS Support Group meets from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Jan. 8. The group is free and open to all persons with RSDS or related illnesses. For more information, call 724-929-9492.
• Managing Your Diabetes will be held from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Jan 8-10. This three-day education series focuses on diabetes self-management and care. Registration is required at least one week prior to the start of classes. For more information or to register, call 724-258-1483.
• Bariatric surgery information will be held at 2 p.m. Jan. 9 at Mon-Vale HealthPLEX. MVH has teamed up with Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC to provide this free information session. To learn if you are a candidate, join Dr. Carol McCloskey M.D. To register, call 412-641-3632 or 412-802-8299.
• Childbirth prep classes will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. Jan. 9, 16, 23 and 30 at Mon-Vale HealthPLEX. This is a four-week series of prenatal education classes designed to prepare couples for the birthing process. To register, call 724-258-BABY (2229) ext. 25.
• Advanced Carbohydrate Counting will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. Jan. 16. This is a diabetes self-management class that focuses on counting carbohydrate intake. Completion of the three-day Diabetes Self-Management Training is required prior to attending this class. Registration is required at least one week prior to the start of the class. For more information or to register, call 724-258-1483.