Miss America watch party planned
State Sen. Tim Solobay and the Waynesburg Area Chamber of Commerce, in conjunction with Direct Results, will sponsor a “2013 Miss America Watch Party” from 8 to 11 p.m. Jan. 12 at Waynesburg Community Center (Senior Center), 1505 Morris St. Waynesburg, to watch Miss Ohio Elissa McCracken compete live on stage in Las Vegas for the title of Miss America 2013.
McCracken is a Waynesburg Central High School graduate and a former Miss Rain Day.
Cost is $10 per person and includes a T-shirt to wear that evening, a tiara, an autographed photo of Elissa, chocolate fountain, punch, free sugar hand scrub with massage by Devan Policz of the Nail Policz, a mini-stress relief chair massages by the folks from Tri-State Health Care and at 9 p.m. when the show starts, fresh hot pop corn to settle in and watch the show.
There also will be a Chinese auction to raise funds for the Miss America system’s favorite charity – The Children’s Miracle Network.
Seating is limited to the first 50 to make a reservation and T-shirts will be available to those who make a reservation by Jan. 4.
Call 724-998-2386 for more information.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflate-gate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Chartiers couple receives letter requesting nearly $16,000 in back taxes | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 4North Strabane Marine remembers mortar attack a decade ago | Observer-Reporter
- 5Candy-making as chemistry: W&J students´ sweet and not-so-sweet experiences | Observer-Reporter