DCED official to address chamber
The Washington County Chamber of Commerce will meet at 7:45 a.m. Jan. 18 at the Hilton Garden Inn, Southpointe, for its monthly breakfast briefing.
Carolyn Boser Newhouse, deputy secretary for innovation and investment for the state Department of Community & Economic Development will discuss the importance of the tourism industry in Pennsylvania and its role as an economic development generator for Washington County.
The event, co-sponsored by the Washington County Tourism Promotion Agency, also will mark the unveiling of the 2013 Washington County Destination Guide, the first comprehensive publication between the chamber and the tourism promotion agency. Exposition booths from some of Washington County’s most recognizable tourist attractions will also be at the event.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter