Boys basketball roundup: Wise helps Wash High improve to 8-1
Josh Wise had 28 points as Washington jumped out to a 22-12 halftime lead and cruised to a 51-40 Section 4-AA win over Bishop Canevin in a high school boys basketball game Wednesday.
With the win, the Prexies improve to 3-0 in section play and 8-1 overall.
Jake Seligman had 21 points to lead the Crusaders (1-1, 3-5).
South Fayette 73, Shady Side Academy 42: Zach Challingsworth scored 19 points as South Fayette hammered Shady Side Academy, 73-42, in a non-section game.
Evan Bonnaure added 16 points for the Lions (6-2), who led 50-23 after three quarters.
Cody Boyer led Shady Side Academy (3-7) with 11 points.
Uniontown 76, Ringgold 39: Jordan Pratt had 23 points to lead Uniontown past Ringgold, 76-39, in a non-section game.
Xavier Ellis and Jeremy Perkins added 11 and 10 points, respectively, for the Raiders (7-1).
Demetrius Louis had 15 points to lead Ringgold (1-7).
Carmichaels 51, West Greene 16: Sean Smoggie had a team-high 17 points and Carmichaels built a 32-point lead by halftime during a 51-16 win over West Greene in a non-section boys basketball game. Ty Cole had nine points, and Josh Mundell, Cory Fuller and Justin Newman contributed seven apiece for the Mikes, who improved to 8-1.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 3Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte