West Liberty grad donates property to school
WEST LIBERTY, W.Va. — A West Liberty University graduate has donated a former restaurant valued at $1.6 million to his alma mater.
West Liberty President Robin Capehart announced Gary West’s donation of the former Roadworthy Tavern on Wednesday. The building has been renamed the Gary E. West Events Center.
Capehart said the building will be used for campus activities, but will be made available to the public for a modest cost.
West bought the property at auction in April. It had been owned by Bernie Metz, who is serving a nine-year federal sentence for embezzling and money laundering.
The U.S. Marshals Service seized the property after Metz was arrested in 2009.
- 1Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 2Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 5Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union