Per diems are ludicrous
The $185 per day per diem given to Pennsylvania state legislators is ludicrous.
In the case of state Sen. Tim Solobay, D-Canonsburg, he was reimbursed for $30,000 one year, on top of the money he receives as a salary.
Do state workers get paid a per diem to get to work? Or how about the ones whose family homes are quite a distance and they rent a place and go home on weekends? Such a double standard.
We need to have a smaller Legislature and they should be limited to two terms like the governor. They need to be investigated. How many do you really think aren’t getting every penny they can get?
- 1`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4Wolf bans new drilling in state parks | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union