Pirates lose player to Blue Jays
TORONTO (AP) – The Blue Jays have claimed pitcher Chad Beck off waivers from the Pittsburgh Pirates, bringing the right-hander back to Toronto.
The 27-year-old Beck returns to Toronto after being claimed by the Pittsburgh Pirates at the end of last season. He appeared in 14 games for the Blue Jays in 2012, posting a 6.32 earned-run average. In 43 games with triple-A Las Vegas, Beck recorded 18 saves, fourth in the Pacific Coast League, along with a 2-0 record and a 1.31 ERA.
The Blue Jays now have 40 players on their 40-man roster.
- 1Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 2Canonsburg apartment fire | Observer-Reporter
- 3`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County pharmacy owner arrested | Observer-Reporter
- 5Canonsburg high on list of senior citizen retirement spots | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union