Lombardo wins title at Waynesburg Invitational
Sam Lombardo, a graduate of Canon-McMillan High School, won the 157-pound weight class and helped Waynesburg University to a fifth-place finish in the Waynesburg University Invitational.
Lombardo, a junior, took a 9-7 decision from Kyle Witgen of Olivet College in the finals. Lombardo got to the finals with a 16-7 decision over Phil Porto of the Aprrentice School.
Lombardo began the tournament with a bye, then received a forfeit from Ian Heist of Elizabethtown. Lombardo decisioned Matt Wilming of Penn State-Allegheny 2-0 to reach the semifinals.
Sam Guidi, a graduate of Fort Cherry High School, also made it to the finals but lost a 2-1 decision to Cory Disbennett of Mount St. Joseph at 165.
Waynesburg had six placewinners, including Anthony Bonaventura, who placed third at 174. Marty Kisla, a Chartiers-Houston graduate, was fourth at heavyweight.
Jacob Spearman of Washington & Jefferson finished as runner-up at 125, losing a 10-4 decision to Paul Bewak of Johns Hopkins in the finals.
- 1'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 4North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to jail in sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union