LPGA adds a tournament in The Bahamas
The LPGA Tour has a new tournament this year that will be played in The Bahamas.Commissioner Mike Whan said Monday that Pure Silk will be the title sponsor of the Bahamas LPGA Classic, to be played May 23-26 at Ocean Club Golf Course at Atlantis in Paradise Islands. The 72-hole event will have a $1.3 million purse.Whan says there are few things more enjoyable for a commissioner than to tell his players they're going to The Bahamas for Memorial Day weekend.Pure Silk also signed on as an official marketing partner of the LPGA. The company that makes shaving cream for women already had deals with players such as Stacy Lewis, Natalie Gulbis and Brittany Lincicome.The full LPGA schedule is expected to be announced later this week.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Burrell downs McGuffey for ninth straight team title win | Observer-Reporter
- 3Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 43 openings on Pa. high court stir interest in endorsements | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union