Greene youth wins Farm Show championship
Greene youth again wins Farm show championship
Hayden Demniak of Carmichaels, Greene County, won Grand Champion Market Lamb on Sunday at the Pennsylvania Farm Show in Harrisburg with his 159-pound wether, “Eclipse.”
Twelve-year-old, three-time winner Hayden was elated to be placed over 207 total entries and awarded Grand Champion Market Lamb for the second year in a row.
This year’s journey was quite the same as last year for Demniak, first being crowned Champion Crossbred Heavyweight and Champion Overall Crossbred.
Judge of the show, Brad Johnson of Fostoria, Ohio, mentioned he “had a blast working with the youngsters; 4-H youth livestock projects are awesome due to all the skills the members gain,” and emphasized the importance of youth livestock projects as youth are our future in a Farm Show news release.
Secretary of Agriculture George Grieg told the audience that the exhibitors brought a high caliber of experience for their young age.
The Junior Market Lamb Show Champions included Champion Lightweight, Curtis Patton of Spraggs, Greene County, and Reserve Champion Middleweight, Bridget McConn of West Alexander, Washington County.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Bentleyville McDonald's manager receives top award | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 3Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 4North Strabane Marine remembers mortar attack a decade ago | Observer-Reporter
- 5Protecting history from I-70 construction at Bentleyville | Observer-Reporter