MarkWest opens gas processing plant in Wetzel County
PINE GROVE, W.Va. — MarkWest Energy’s new natural gas processing plant in Wetzel County has begun operations.
The plant will process 200 million cubic feet of wet Marcellus and Utica shale gas per day. It will separate the gas’ dry methane from ethane, butane, propane and pentane.
Frank Semple, MarkWest chairman, president and CEO, told The Intelligencer and Wheeling News-Register that the plant will allow producers to efficiently develop their Marcellus properties in northern West Virginia.
- 1Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 2Reliving memories of Basle Theater | Observer-Reporter
- 3Canonsburg man accused of sexually assaulting roommate | Observer-Reporter
- 4`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union