Woman admits making false rape report
A Greene County woman has been charged with lying to police that she was raped in late November.
Charges of making false reports to law enforcement were filed Jan. 3 at the office of District Judge Glenn Bates against Jamie Marie Gump, 29, of 136 Lahew Drive, Waynesburg.
Trooper Robert Cree said Gump called Greene County 911 at 6:05 p.m. Nov. 27, reporting she had been the victim of a rape.
She was transported to Southwest Regional Medical Center in Waynesburg, where Gump told Cree that a man pulled her into the back seat of his car and raped her at a location in Franklin Township.
Cree said he contacted Gump Dec. 2 at which time she agreed to go over her story.
The trooper said several inconsistencies were noted in her account and when confronted with them, Gump admitted she lied.
Cree said Gump told him she agreed to have sex for money with an unknown male, but when he refused to pay her, she called 911 and reported a rape.
- 1Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 2Pitt expresses interest in Ringgold´s Law
- 3Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 4'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 5Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union