Wash High’s Kelly picked for Big 33 Football Classic
Jaylin Kelly, a senior at Washington High School, has been selected to play on the Pennsylvania Team in the 56th Big 33 Football Classic, which will be held Saturday, June 15 at Hersheypark Stadium. Pennsylvania will play Maryland.
“It hasn’t sunk in yet, but I can’t stop smiling. I’m really happy.”
The 6-2, 235-pound Kelly, who helped lead the Prexies to the WPIAL Class AA championship game against Aliquippa, will play inside linebacker.
He was the leader of a Washington defense that allowed an average of just 12.2 points per game.
Kelly had 114 tackles, eight sacks, an interception, a fumble recovery and forced five fumbles.
On offense, Kelly rushed for 280 yards on 46 carries and a touchdown.
No other player from the Washington-Greene County area was selected.
- 1Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 2Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in "crowd-funded" Super Bowl Beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 3'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 4Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union