Gun rights supporters rally
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Scores of protesters have rallied at Pennsylvania’s state Capitol in support of gun rights and to protest proposals for gun control.
WHTM-TV (http://bit.ly/Sje1ak ) says Saturday afternoon’s event was part of a nationwide movement called Guns Across America.
Those taking part flooded the Capitol steps, many of them carrying signs and American flags.
Participants told the station that they favor the universal background checks advocated by the president but not other proposals.
The rallies, primarily organized via social media, are being held days after President Barack Obama unveiled a sweeping package of gun-control proposals.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4Proposed Nottingham coal mine clears local permitting | Observer-Reporter
- 5North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union