McGuffey wrestlers edge C-H
Despite losing the first two matches, and four of the first five, McGuffey’s wrestling team rallied for a 36-32 victory at Chartiers-Houston in a non-section match Saturday afternoon.
Brent Blaharczyk recorded a pin of Dylan Schultz-Terlin in 1:33 at 182 pounds, but the Highlanders still faced a hefty deficit.
Fortunately, Austin Johnson pinned Casey Dunkle (1:34) in the heavyweight bout, and Gage Nicollela and Aaron Harris followed with falls at 106 and 113. Nate Whipkey (152) closed the match with a pin of Antonio Tatano in 1:23.
Garrett Vulcano had a pin for Chartiers-Houston at 195 pounds, and Tanner Sutton recorded a fall at 145. Jake Jones outlasted Jake Seabright, 3-2, in overtime at 126 pounds, and Rich McGinnis had a technical fall at 120.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 3Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
- 5Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union