Music review: Dawn Richard’s ‘Goldenheart’ is golden
Dawn Richard, “Goldenheart” (Altavoz Distribution)
As a member of Diddy-Dirty Money and Danity Kane, Dawn Richard was impressive. As a solo artist, she’s extraordinary.
Her solo debut, “Goldenheart,” is an R&B field day of progressive, electronic and smooth sounds that play like one amazing musical adventure. Her unique voice – which echoes Brandy – glides over each song like magic as she sings about heartache and breaking through in the music industry (check out “Return of a Queen.”) And Richard, who co-wrote the 16-track independent release, doesn’t skip a beat.
“Pretty Wicked Things” is spooky and eerie – in a good way. “Northern Lights” is addictive, while “Tug of War” and “Frequency” are certified Quiet Storm anthems.
“Goldenheart” isn’t just golden, it’s grand.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue cited for inhumane conditions | Observer-Reporter
- 2Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 3Bobtown to celebrate school profile scores | Observer-Reporter
- 4Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter