NHL returns with strong TV rating
NEW YORK (AP) – NHL fans have tuned in to hockey’s return to television.
NBC’s broadcast Saturday earned the highest preliminary rating for a non-Winter Classic regular-season game since 2002. The network said Sunday its regional coverage of Blackhawks-Kings and Penguins-Flyers averaged a 2.0 overnight rating. That’s up 67 percent from the average for regular-season games on NBC last year.
The abbreviated NHL season opened Saturday after a lockout wiped out the first three months.
Ratings represent the percentage of homes with televisions tuned into a program. Overnight ratings measure the country’s largest markets.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Vanderbilt rape verdicts signal support for assault victims | Observer-Reporter
- 2Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Offender pleads guilty to squatting inside vacant home | Observer-Reporter
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter