Woman trapped under dead horse
REVERE (AP) — A woman walking a horse up a hill in eastern Pennsylvania became trapped after the animal died suddenly and fell on top of her.
Authorities say the bizarre incident happened Sunday afternoon at the Bucks County Horse Park in Upper Black Eddy. Firefighters who responded to the scene were told to turn off their sirens so the other horses wouldn’t be spooked. They lifted the animal off the woman, and she was transported to a hospital.
The Philadelphia Inquirer reports that she suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
It’s not immediately clear why the horse died.
The 123-acre horse park is located in Revere and hosts a variety of equestrian events for all ages and disciplines.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 3Canonsburg man accused of sexually assaulting roommate | Observer-Reporter
- 4Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 5North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union