Second body found in Greene
WAYNESBURG – Greene County Coroner Gregory Rohanna said Tuesday his office was called Jan. 16 to investigate the discovery of what are believed to be human remains in Wayne Township. Rohanna added his office has no further information or comment to release at this time.
The find marks the second time in less than a month the coroner’s office has been called to investigate a report of human remains being found.
On Dec. 17, hunters alerted police to a body they found in a wooded area near 222 Gas Company Road near Mt. Morris just east of the entrance to Meadow Ridge Industrial Park.
Rohanna said foul play was not suspected in that death and authorities believed they might know who the person was, despite the badly decomposed condition of the body.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 3Vanderbilt rape verdicts signal support for assault victims | Observer-Reporter
- 4Suspect nabbed in Washington home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Offender pleads guilty to squatting inside vacant home | Observer-Reporter