Prince Harry back in UK after Afghan deployment
LONDON (AP) – Prince Harry is back in Britain after more than four months serving in Afghanistan.
The prince landed on a military flight at a snowy Brize Norton airbase, northwest of London, on Wednesday afternoon.
Defense officials announced Monday that Harry – known as Capt. Wales in the army – had completed his 20-week deployment as co-pilot gunner on an Apache attack helicopter.
Harry is expected to go to the headquarters of his Army Air Corps squadron before beginning several weeks of leave.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflate-gate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Bentleyville McDonald's manager receives top award | Observer-Reporter
- 4Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 5Habitual offender charged in home improvement fraud case | Observer-Reporter