Prince Harry back in UK after Afghan deployment
LONDON (AP) – Prince Harry is back in Britain after more than four months serving in Afghanistan.
The prince landed on a military flight at a snowy Brize Norton airbase, northwest of London, on Wednesday afternoon.
Defense officials announced Monday that Harry – known as Capt. Wales in the army – had completed his 20-week deployment as co-pilot gunner on an Apache attack helicopter.
Harry is expected to go to the headquarters of his Army Air Corps squadron before beginning several weeks of leave.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union