High school basketball: Lawless sparks Carmichaels
Brandon Lawless had 23 points as Carmichaels used a 19-8 run to open the second half en route to a 74-65 non-section win over host Bentworth Wednesday night.
Sean Smoggie added 20 points, while Josh Mundell had 14, for the Mikes (13-3).
Chris Blackburn had 22 points, Cody Levine 20 and Zack Robker 12 for Bentworth (5-10).
South Allegheny 48, Charleroi 43:
Kordell Thompson scored 18 points and led a fourth-quarter comeback as visiting South Allegheny rallied to defeat short-handed Charleroi 48-43 in a non-section game.
South Allegheny (6-11) trailed 34-31 after three quarters.
Charleroi (10-5) lost at home for the first time since December. The Cougars played without two starters, one serving a suspension the other out with the flu. Jim Diaz led Charleroi with 15 points. Matt Indorante followed with 13 points and Ryan Konek had 12, but only four players scored for the Cougars.
Frazier 51, California 37:
Lauren Timko scored 16 points as Frazier steadily pulled away from California, 51-37, in a non-section game.
Frazier (8-7) never outscored the Trojans (12-4) by more than five points in any quarter, but held an advantage in each period.
Courtnee McMasters led California with 17 points.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 4Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 5North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union