Police kill machete-armed man after Pa. standoff
HARRISBURG (AP) – Authorities say a police officer shot and killed a man armed with a machete who was threatening a man and a toddler in a central Pennsylvania apartment.
Dauphin County Assistant District Attorney Fran Chardo said Monday that an officer shot 29-year-old Ishmael Muhammad twice after he threatened to attack a 26-year-old man and a 2-year-old girl as well police during Monday’s standoff in a Harrisburg apartment.
Chardo said the man “was obviously under the influence of some drugs and was ranting and raving.”
Officers were sent to investigate a reported assault on a woman but said Muhammad blocked the doorways and windows.
They said they tried to negotiate with him for a few hours and finally entered the unit just after 2 p.m. Monday, when one officer shot him.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue cited for inhumane conditions | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 4Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte