W.Va. couple donates $100k toward WVU art museum
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — A $100,000 donation to the new Art Museum at West Virginia University will help build its prints study and collection room.
The donors, Stuart and Stephanie Bloch of Wheeling, are longtime supporters of WVU’s College of Creative Arts.
Museum director Joyce Ice says the room will be one of the distinctive features of the new building on the Evansdale campus.
Groundbreaking for the facility will occur sometime this year.
The Blochs have also created the Bloch Learning and Performance Hall, which was renovated and outfitted with the latest audiovisual technology. They’ve also supported various student scholarships and computer technology upgrades.
Stuart Bloch is director of Hazlett, Burt and Watson, an investment and securities firm.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 4Who sold us out? | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union