W.Va. couple donates $100k toward WVU art museum
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — A $100,000 donation to the new Art Museum at West Virginia University will help build its prints study and collection room.
The donors, Stuart and Stephanie Bloch of Wheeling, are longtime supporters of WVU’s College of Creative Arts.
Museum director Joyce Ice says the room will be one of the distinctive features of the new building on the Evansdale campus.
Groundbreaking for the facility will occur sometime this year.
The Blochs have also created the Bloch Learning and Performance Hall, which was renovated and outfitted with the latest audiovisual technology. They’ve also supported various student scholarships and computer technology upgrades.
Stuart Bloch is director of Hazlett, Burt and Watson, an investment and securities firm.
- 1Vanderbilt rape verdicts signal support for assault victims | Observer-Reporter
- 2High school wrestling: South Fayette advances; Waynesburg ousted | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 5Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union