No. 2 Kansas outlasts West Virginia
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – Travis Releford and Jeff Withey both scored 15 points and No. 2 Kansas nearly relinquished a double-digit lead before beating West Virginia 61-56 on Monday night to extend the nation’s longest winning streak to 18 games.
Kansas (7-0 Big 12, 19-1) shot 54 percent from the field in the first-ever meeting between the schools. The Jayhawks have held their last six opponents under 60 points.
Ben McLemore added 13 points for Kansas.
Aaric Murray led West Virginia (2-5, 9-11) with 17 points and Juwan Staten added 14.
West Virginia used several steals to trim a 15-point deficit to eight at halftime but never took the lead in the second half.
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union