PPG sells plant in Natrium, W.Va.
NATRIUM, W.Va. — A chemical plant in Marshall County has a new owner and a new name.
The plant in Natrium is part of PPG Industries’ sale of its $2.5 billion commodity chemicals business to Georgia Gulf. The combination of the former PPG unit and Georgia Gulf has been renamed Axiall Corp.
Natrium is along the Ohio River, about 55 miles southwest of Washington.
The plant employs about 500 workers and primarily manufactures chlorine, caustic soda, muriatic acid and calcium hypochlorite.
Plant manager Jim Rock told The Intelligencer and Wheeling News Register that workers should expect business to continue as usual.
- 1Two injured in Amwell Township crash | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 3First-ever humanities festival coming to Pittsburgh | Observer-Reporter
- 4Burrell downs McGuffey for ninth straight team title win | Observer-Reporter
- 5Moninger - 107 years | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union