PPG sells plant in Natrium, W.Va.
NATRIUM, W.Va. — A chemical plant in Marshall County has a new owner and a new name.
The plant in Natrium is part of PPG Industries’ sale of its $2.5 billion commodity chemicals business to Georgia Gulf. The combination of the former PPG unit and Georgia Gulf has been renamed Axiall Corp.
Natrium is along the Ohio River, about 55 miles southwest of Washington.
The plant employs about 500 workers and primarily manufactures chlorine, caustic soda, muriatic acid and calcium hypochlorite.
Plant manager Jim Rock told The Intelligencer and Wheeling News Register that workers should expect business to continue as usual.
- 1Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 2North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 4Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Wolf bans new drilling in state parks | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union