Missing snowmobiler found alive near resort
JENNERSTOWN (AP) — State police and emergency crews have found a snowmobiler alive, three days after he left to ride alone in the Laurel Mountains in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Troopers from the Somerset barracks say 50-year-old Bruce Maust was found near Seven Springs Mountain Resort, a ski area about 45 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.
Maust had been last seen when he left to ride near Jennerstown about 3 p.m. Sunday.
The man’s family says he suffers from a medical condition which can cause dementia. It wasn’t immediately clear if that contributed to Maust being lost or missing.
Crews searched about 12 hours each on Monday and Tuesday before finding him late Wednesday morning. He was being looked after by paramedics, but appeared to be in good condition.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Petty earns credit for Smith´s `Stay With Me´ | Observer-Reporter
- 4Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter