Jury ends 4th day of guard deliberations
PITTSBURGH – Jurors have finished a fourth day of deliberations without returning a verdict in the trial of a fired Pittsburgh state prison guard charged with 80 counts of physically abusing or sexually assaulting inmates – or having other guards and inmate workers do it for him.
Sixty-one-year-old Harry Nicoletti is charged by Allegheny County prosecutors with targeting convicted child molesters and gay inmates at the century-old lockup.
On Tuesday, the jury appeared to be focusing on charges that Nicoletti had others assault the inmates based on two questions they asked the judge. On Wednesday, the jury deliberated without asking any question, but also gave no indication they are deadlocked.
Deliberations will resume this morning.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 5Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter