W. Brownsville Walmart opening Friday
The Walmart store near West Brownsville will open at 7 a.m. Friday with a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
The 112,000-square-foot store will be open 24 hours daily and employ more than 200 people.
The store will feature, among other things, a grocery area, a partial bakery and partial deli, more than 30 merchandise departments, a garden center and a Subway restaurant.
Eight local organizations will receive $9,000 in grants from the Walmart Foundation during the ceremonies.
The awards will be: $2,000 to West Brownsville Police Department; $1,500 to West Brownsville Volunteer Fire Department; $1,000 each to California Area School District, Center in the Woods, Boy Scouts Westmoreland, Project Bundle Up and Pennsylvania State Police Shop with a Cop Program; and $500 to California Area band.
- 1Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 2North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 5Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union