W. Pa. woman likely died drying clothes with oven

  • February 4, 2013

MONESSEN (AP) – A coroner said a 78-year-old Southwestern Pennsylvania woman apparently died of carbon monoxide poisoning from using her gas oven to dry clothes in her apartment.

The Westmoreland County coroner’s office said Sandra Trolio was found dead in her second-floor apartment in Monessen Monday morning.

The rest of the building was evacuated as a precaution, though nobody else was believed to be injured by the fumes.

Toxicology tests will take about a month to confirm the cause of Trolio’s death, but the coroner said all indications are that fumes from the stove caused her death.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Pennsylvania’s rifle deer season starts

Cops: Man took ambulance for joyride, stranding patient, EMT

Dump truck hits, kills horses after they escaped farm

Philly fire truck cash injures 5

A look how Wolf’s budget proposal fared in the Legislature

Police officer shot, killed during call; suspect in custody

Taxes at bottom of budget battle

Officials say acorn shortage could hurt December bear hunt

Northeast Ohio nature center creates life-sized Candy Land

Man arrested after shooting in West Virginia Wal-Mart lot